Sustainable resource management is an essential skill for businesses and policy makers alike. The Fishbanks simulation provides students with the opportunity to understand the dynamics of common pools of renewable resources and experiment with sustainable governance of those resources.
In this multiplayer simulation, students take on the role of fishing companies, competing against other players to maximize net worth. Students buy, sell, and build ships, decide where to fish, and negotiate with one another. Facilitators can set different policy options in the game, including instituting permits and quotas.
- Understand the dynamics of renewable resource stocks
- Experience the tragedy of the commons: overexploitation of common pool resources
- Analyze feedback processes that control extraction and regeneration of resources
- Experiment with governance of common pool resources
- Resource Dynamics & Sustainable Resource Management
- Tragedy of the Commons
- Game Theory
- Misperceptions of Feedback
Connect With A Specialist
Please fill out the form below to have a specialist contact you.