500: Internal Server Error Type: com.forio.epicenter.grid.transformer.ModelTimeoutException

#1

Dear Sir,

I have uploaded a model that runs ok in Vensim but gives me the above error message. The model takes data from an excel spreadsheet, which I also have uploaded into Forio.

The error message comes also with the following message:

I will very much appreciate your support.

Best regards

Leonardo

0 Likes

#2

Hi,

Usually this error indicates an operation is taking too long to respond. Commonly this is a step or other operation that may be running over many steps. What is the URL of the simulation that is having difficulty?

WILL

0 Likes

#3

Thanks Will, here is the URL

forio.com/app/oikonomo/nedararecba

Many thanks for your attention

Leonardo

0 Likes

#4

Thanks Leonardo,

We’ve identified a performance bottleneck with how Forio handles this model. We’re working on an update that will speed it up considerably. I’ll post a note when we have this available. I don’t yet have the exact date but it will be later this week.

WILL

0 Likes

#5

Many thanks, Will, this is very much appreciated

Best regards

Leonardo

0 Likes

#6

Dear Will,

Just a follow up email. Have you managed to look into this issue?

With many thanks

Leonardo

0 Likes

#7

Hi Leonardo,

We have a fix for this pending which will go out in a scheduled release Friday 6/2. We have tested it with a copy of your simulation and it is much faster to generate a run.

WILL

0 Likes

#8

Many thanks, Will. Look forward to it.

Best regards

Leonardo

0 Likes

#9

Hi-- Forio Epicenter has been updated to version 1.50, which includes a speed up for stepping through Vensim models.

Regards, WILL

0 Likes

#10

Hi. I read all your comments but I am still struggling with this error.
The model has no errors in my PC. it’s working fine. But when I upload it here, it shows me the Internal Server Error.
Would you please let me know what other issues might intervene?

This is the URL: forio.com/app/nsharar1/ebola-crisis

0 Likes

#11

One problem I see is that you are loading Excel data using two different Vensim methods in your model.

The first:
GET DIRECT DATA
works without needing Excel to load while your model is running.

The second:
GET XLS DATA
requires Excel running with Vensim in order to work.

Because Excel is not running on the server, the GET XLS DATA statement will not work online.

To fix this, simply replace the four instances of GET XLS DATA in your model with GET DIRECT DATA.

Also, make sure that every Excel spreadsheet called by your model is in the same directory as your model and file name capitalization matches what is used in your model. On Windows, file name capitalization doesn’t matter but on Linux it does. Your file ‘calibration.xls’ should be changed to 'Calibration.xls’

1 Like

#12

Thank you so much. The problem was with the Capitalization.
I had used GET DIRECT DATA, but I don’t know why you saw different statements!.

Thank you again.

0 Likes

#14

That’s good news!

I think the reason GET DIRECT DATA was that you put the old GET XLS DATA statements in the comments section for your variables and we were mistakenly seeing that when in fact you had already replaced all of them with GET DIRECT DATA.

I’m glad the capitalization solution resolved your issues!

1 Like