Turning the corner from August to September I always feel a slight sadness as summer ends. At the same time, I am filled with hope and excitement for new activities and opportunities (though it’s been a long time since I’ve been “Back to School”). I see the same optimistic energy when talking to my colleagues and our users.
We hope that your efforts building and using simulations are similarly rejuvenated. We celebrate this time of renewed energy at Forio with an important update to the Interface Builder, providing new flexibility in the design of online simulation interfaces.
Here are the details.
- Freeform Templates: You’re no longer limited to canned “input” and “output” pages. Most components can be replaced by others. For example, you can make a page with user decisions, a graph, and a YouTube video.
- Run comparison tables: You can now add tables to your run comparison reports.
- Decisions: Inputs show up below the labels, allowing space for longer labels and more precision for sliders
- Tooltips: You can now add tooltips for decisions.
- Sliders: Mins and maxes for show up below the sliders
- YouTube: We now support “Short format” YouTube urls.
- More templates: We’ve added 5 additional templates
- Authentication: Username (and log out link) shows up in the header for logged-in users
- Some charts for Turn by Turn projects were not displaying in Microsoft Edge
- Improved display of charts in Run Compare templates
- Fixed issues with menus for mobile sims
- Data Table: Fixed repeating column
- Run analysis: radio selection did not persist
To get started, you will need to create a new Epicenter project at https://forio.com/epicenter.
In the meantime, enjoy the last few days of summer and the upcoming Labor Day weekend. Let us know your thoughts and ideas for how we can help you make better simulations. We hope to hear about your new simulation efforts during the coming months.