Students are charged with eliminating process-related bottlenecks, maximizing utilization, reducing process variability, and improving profitability across three different sections of a car wash: vacuum, machine wash, and hand-dry stations. This exercise includes two configurable challenges. In some cases the demand is constant, and in other cases both the demand and the processes include variation.
- Measure the optimal performance of a process
- Understand the relationships between throughput time, cycle time, throughput rate, and capacity utilization
- Understand Little’s Law (balance of capacity utilization and management of bottlenecks)
- Explore how variability affects key process measures and profitability
- Throughput and Cycle Time
- Capacity Utilization
- Operations Management
Connect With A Specialist
Please fill out the form below to have a specialist contact you.