Forio is looking for a Senior UI Designer to work full-time out of our San Francisco office designing our custom web-based simulation games.
At Forio, you’ll work on training simulation games for Fortune 500 clients and universities like Harvard Business School, Wharton, and MIT. We’re a proven industry leader in the simulation market – our simulation “Everest” is the top-selling MBA simulation of all time and over 60% of MBA students in the country have played one or more of our business simulation games.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for creating challenging, engaging, software-based learning experiences. You’ll work with our team of our developers, UX designers, and data scientists to create simulations and games for teaching and learning business concepts to MBA students and corporate learners. Previous topics have included innovation, leadership, teamwork, finance, and national health policy.
Forio is a successful, profitable, twenty person company based in San Francisco that builds educational games and simulations for universities and corporations. Leading universities and corporations around the world use our simulations to provide training in leadership, negotiation, operations, forecasting, and management.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is both technical and artistic. If this sounds like you, we can’t wait to see your portfolio!
- Work with other designers and the development team to define and implement creative solutions.
- Contribute to the creation of design solutions.
- Create high fidelity mockups for client presentation.
- Collaborate with our designers to create designs & storyboards.
- Execute all design stages.
- Consistently deliver a number of successful solutions and high-quality work to clients on time.
- High level internal and external client satisfaction.
- 5+ years professional experience working as a designer
- A strong online portfolio showcasing examples of projects on Desktop, Tablet, & Mobile
- Mastery of the basic principles of visual design, art, and typography
- Expert in a combination of Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, Invision Studio, etc.
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
- Able to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Able to communicate effectively and coordinate with other disciplines to ensure the visual design is communicating the desired message.
- Experience with handling multiple projects in an agency setting.
- Experience with game design.
- Familiarity with WCAG standards
- HTML and CSS skills.
Forio is a premier developer of simulations for corporations, government agencies, and business schools. Over 60% of all MBAs will play a Forio simulation at some point during their two years in school. In addition we create collaborative and competitive simulation to help train managers at corporations and government agencies. Forio's customers include Harvard Business School, Wharton School of Business, MIT Sloan School of Management and hundreds of corporations and other universities.
This is a full time position based out of our San Francisco office. Local applicants or those looking to move to the SF Bay Area are welcome. We reimburse for relocation expenses.
Send a resume and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com. Include a short email note telling us what appeals to you about the position and how you think you might contribute.